Sunday 25 March 2012

Album Covers

I was speaking to a friend the other day, lamenting the demise of the 12" Long Playing Record. Not because I was adopting the frequent audiophile's argument about vinyl sounding better than digital, but because the artwork and liner notes don't play the same part they used to in the overall enjoyment of buying an album.

So many great covers, sometimes with leading-edge design, are now consigned to a thumbnail or, at best, a 12cm x 12cm facsimile. And, at my age, without the aid of spectacles or indeed a magnifying glass, they don't do them full justice!

Therefore, I thought I would start adding a few favourites from my record and CD collection - mainly from the playlists of The Singers and The Songbook - and I hope you will share my enthusiasm for their eye-catching glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment